[alfa] Re: Alfetta Glass - OUT DAMN SPOT!!!

The correct material for removal of hard water stains and to remove the build up of grime on glass is cerium oxide. You can get it on ebay for about $10 for enough to last a long time. I have used it for years on very expensive lab bell jars and never ever have I seen it scratch the surface. The cerium oxide powder is mixed with water to form a slurry and you use a lot of elbow grease to remove the stains. Add more water as needed but you do not need to add more cerium oxide.

Be careful of gritty powders as there may be foreign materials within that will scratch your windshield.

After a good cleaning use rain-X .

Tom Sahines ARA Tech Hot Line San Jose California.