[alfa] re LS rotors

> I replaced the stock front rotors on my LS with a pair from IAP and Ferodo
pads.
> Less fade than before but more squeal.  Probably should've splurged for Brembo
> cross-drilled rotors.

>>why? cross-drilling is a fade-resistance move, not particularly related to squeal.
>>(slotted rotors are generally preferable to cross-drilled for fade resistance when
>>you have a choice.)

The stock AR pads were pretty much squeal-proof but gave off considerable dust and were prone to fade.  The Ferodos have more initial bite and better feel, even when hot, very little brake dust, but squeal when pussy-footing about town.  (Stomp on the brakes, however, and they're quiet.)  But squealing is really a non-issue as I can't hear anything when I blast Black Flag and the Dead Kennedys on the stereo.  I wanted the cross-drilled Brembos for improved braking performance not serenity, but was feeling cheap.

Paul

95 LS 5-speed
83 GTV6
03 Aprilia Falco (EBC double H pads -- awesome)