Re: [alfa] Spica backfire on decel

I think it may be close to impossible to eliminate all backfiring on the Spica system.  However, here are a couple of additional things that may help....
- Make sure that all the throttle plates are aligned and that they COMPLETELY close when you foot is off the throttle.  If they are open at all, you will still get backfiring.  Also, make sure you are not dragging your foot even slightly on the throttle during decel, or the plates will be open and backfiring will take place.
- Clean plugs, check ignition timing.
--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL