[alfa] Pros and cons for a GTV6 (NZ)

Since I like the Alfa V6 (specifically the Milano), rebuilding it was
never a questions of yes or no. Rather it was more like, what should I
put in there while I'm at it.

Due to budget constraints, I couldn't afford a 24V. So I went with J&E
forged pistons. I already had many other goodies (CB cams, programmable
EFI, headers,  ported heads etc). So the forgies were icing on the
cake.

There are many sources for forged pistons. In the US, you can get J&E
1mm overbore from paulspruell.com. Or you can get 11:1 Venolias from
www.oldebottles.com. I kind of know the owner of this site, he is a
really swell guy. He has a superhcarger kit coming up if you are
interested.

I was told that all 2.5 V6 pistons are now based on those made for the
155 2.5 V6, which means you will get 10:1 pistons. A good thing for
sure. I've always believed that the 2.5 V6's compression was just too
low for any addition of aggresive cams.

You should also consider programmable EFI. I've had it for 2 years and
am loving it. L-Jetronic is just so outdated, and any sort of "tuning"
is really hit and miss. You can't really "map" the system.

Regards.

Zamani
Santa Clara, CA
'87 Milano 3.0