[alfa] Pros and cons for a GTV6 (NZ)

Hi

I would be interested in hearing pros and cons for rebuilding an engine for a
1985 GTV6. Likely cost for rebuilding the engine places it smack bang in the
crosshairs for getting shot of it.

Pros as I see it is I maintain the car on the road. Even for the cost of a
rebuild I would find it very hard to find another model of car that matches up
to the GTV6 in terms of pedigree and classic status. The general condition of
the car otherwise is quite good eg went through a warrant in May without any
questions. I've attended to the usual rust problems along the way so there are
no real issues there. The clutch as well as the brake and clutch master
cylinders have been attended to within the last 3 years.

Cons are the large $ and the fact that the car is getting on. Even with a
rebuild I'll still face the multitudinous niggles that go with using a 20 year
old car with 260k kms on the clock.

Also, what is the going price for a GTV6 in NZ these days?, ball park figures
are fine.

Appreciate any and all comments

thanks

Quentin