[alfa] tranny & diff lubricants

Anticipating a routine lubricant change in tye transmission and differential on a 1993 Spider Veloce - have ther been experiences with some of the "modern" synthetic oils that would suggest replacing the Alfa recommended ones?

For instance, in the tranny Red Line MTL maybe?? or something else??

In the diff (limited slip, I believe) any suggestions.

Just as a reminder, Alfa recommended the following for both Tranny and Diff:

SAE 80W/90 API GLS Shell SPIRAX HD 80W/90

One last question. I believe that the older 105 cars used a 17 mm hex key for the drain and fill plugs - is this still the right tool?

Gwynne Spencer