[alfa] long-term consequences of poorly-sealing valve

I know everyone is at the convention, I'm just hoping you all read this when you get back.

I recently installed a used engine in my car. Before installing it, I did a compression test, and a sort of half-assed leakdown test. The only thing I could find wrong with it was that one intake valve didn't seal nearly as well as the others.

Now that it's in the car, I'm noticing a distinct change in the exhaust note when I open the throttle at certain engine speeds (~2500 & up). I think it's worth mentioning that this (largely custom) exhaust system has always been prone to weird resonance, and it's been a couple years since I've heard it hooked up to stock cams. Assuming that this noise is related to the recently-installed engine, could it be symptomatic of the questionable intake valve?

Next question: regardless of whether it's related to the noise, should I be worried about an intake valve that's not sealing properly? Is it likely to get worse to the point that the engine will be running on basically 5 cylinders? Will it catch its respective intake runner on fire? People talk about burned valves like a major immobilizing failure, but this engine starts right up, idles very smoothly (keep in mind I'm used to a very screwed-up engine with hot cams), and seems very strong and smooth.

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6