[alfa] A/C fittings in a '93 Spider Veloce

I have just taken possession of my 1993 Spider Veloce. Since the A/C is not working (previous owner says it was charged up a few years ago, but is now not "blowing cold" I went looking for the low and high pressure connections for my gauges . (Yes, I have ordered the CarCD for it, but it has yet to arrive)

There is a fitting below the intake runners and appears to be almost impossible to get at; this fitting is on a short pipe coming out of the compressor. The fitting is positioned such that I can not really see the connection to figure out if it is high or low pressure. Other than that, I have not been able to find another, nor the receiver/dryer. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It is hot in SW Florida and getting the A/C working is the highest priority at the moment.

Gwynne Spencer