[alfa] re: convention etiquette

The first thing that will be readily appearent, is that you're in the Alfa
club, not the Porsche club. (I've been to national conventions for both
organizations. There can be a dress code for the latter &:-).)

The banquets and parties are usually held in a hotel convention room --
sometimes in a ballroom. It's your chance to dress up and have fun. The
events do not call for formal attire, but for dressy, festive attire.
There will be women there in cocktail dresses but typically not ballgowns,
some women in dressy slacks, some in more casual dresses, but I doubt
you'll see a woman wearing jeans. Men typically show up in sport jackets
or even shirt sleeves. You'll probably see a suit or two. I've seen men
stepping right out of the Texas Hill country wearing jeans, cowboy boots,
and a bolo tie! And bless his little heart, Fred Di used to show up at
the banquets wearing Bermuda shorts and matching knee socks...

It would be impossible to be "out of place" at an AROC convention, so
banish the thought!

Hope that helps -

Tess
in Bellevue WA USA