[alfa] wierd milano electrical bit

While taking apart the verde even more today I ran into a couple of things that are firsts for me.
The first.. being electrical devices above the glove box. There is the panel with three screws above the front shelf and attached to it are two things, one looks like the door ajar chime and the other is the root of my question. It's quite large 6x4x2" with 7 plugs going to it. PN is 161144505501 from a sticker on it.
The other question is with the heater controls. The AC knob has a sealed tube coming off it and disappearing into the heater box. What's involved with getting the rest of this tube out in one piece? I took the fan and resistors out to look in there but couldn't see anything.

Thanks,
--
Carson Damm
Ft. McMurray, AB