[alfa] Re: How to remove the Milano torsion bars the hard way?

The reason the torsion bars weren't coming out and you snapped the bolt
inside is because you didn't detach the lower ball joint first. The torsion
bar won't pull out unless it is completely unloaded.   You can remove the
bar by removing the two bolts that hold the lower A-arm to the chassis. Once
those are removed and the lower ball joint and swaybar endlink disconnected
you can pull/hammer the A-arm off the front of the torsion bar and then
remove the torsion bar from the crossmember.  I've done this many times
because the 27mm torsion bars I have in my Milano are too large to be pulled
back through the crossmember.

Chip Mutza
San Diego, CA
'87 Milano 3.0L V6 24v