[alfa] How to remove the Milano torsion bars the hard way?

Because the easy way didn't work...

I tried today to remove the Milano bars to install a bigger 25 mm ones
however, what supposed to be an easy task got me in a bind, since I snapped a grade
8.8 bolt (that supposed to be a tough one) inside while trying to pull the
torsion bar using a V8 harmonic balancer extractor.

Now I cannot reach the small piece that is protruding from the bar since
there is not enough space for the vice grips or for anything else for that matter.

Would be possible to remove the A arm from the chassis (two bolts) with the
torsion bar still attached? Do I have any other options?

Was I supposed to remove the ball joints to allow the A arm drop to a lower
position before attempting to pull the bar from behind?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Gilles