[alfa] 146TI radiator fan motor problem UPDATE

Dear group,

I have now heard from the Alfa dealer, who have discovered that the fan motor
is in fact fine, but that there is a blown resitor within the fan unit.  The
failure of the resitor is what is causing the 40A fuse in the circuit to blow
whenever the car gets up to temperature.

So what they are now trying to work out is what is causing the resitor (and
the ones that failed before) to blow.  Whatever it is is appears to be
deteriorating gradually, to judge from the shortening of the gaps between
failures.

Suggestions still sought.  The idea of not very impressive engineers/mechanics
trying to track down a problem of this kind on $175 dollars an hour (yes
really!), to repair a car that's worth no more than $1,750 dollars, makes my
knees tremble!

Regards,
William

EARLIER MESSAGE BELOW