[alfa] 78 Spider No Staaaaarrrght

Howdy Folkies,

Okay... the patient is my 1978 Spider with Crane XR700 electric ignition and removed cold start solenoid. It starts fine most of the time, but lately (moved to foggy drippy Santa Cruz) it has been spark free in the mornings. Yesterday I finally got some time to check with a multimeter and I have pulse at the coil, the end of the coil wire, and after jostling it, at the plugs. But this morning, it went back to normal and no amount of monkeying could get it to go (I could have flooded it, but I don't suspect this is the case, as my car has been historically pretty resistant to said affliction).

So... is it time to invest in some new wires?

Thanks all (and especially Richard for putting up with us kids)
Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (sitting at home)
'88 Schwinn World Sport (not sitting at home)