RE: [alfa] SPICA air box/ Leave well enough alone

> Well, the sump guard sits so low that I bottom out everywhere
> and I cringe at every hill and dip I see!  It's coming off!
> And the SPICA air box is causing a bad ping!  Well, I assume
> that is the problem.  And so my post:  Could the SPICA air
> box cause a ping due to the restriction of air when compared
> to K&N air filters?  Can I tune the ping out (ignition
> timing)? Should I?  I was running on 87 Octane with no
> problems using the K&Ns.  Unless convinced otherwise, I'll
> switch back to the K&N setup.

I don't think there's much of a flow problem with the Spica airbox.  I'd
think the K&N's would be much more likely to cause pinging due to the
ingestion of hot air from the engine compartment.

But, I don't think either of those intakes will cause pinging.  My
recommendation would be to look elsewhere, the timing or the fuel/octane.

bs