[alfa] ALFA75/Milano central locking and speakers

Digestibles,

Two (slightly) related issues I am addressing while I am inside the front
doors....
My driver's door central locking motor has developed a buzz (like a machine
gun) when it is activated. It appears to fire about 6 times as it does it's
job of locking or unlocking.  It is starting to scare people standing near
by.   I tried giving it a big drink of CO2 contact cleaner down the shaft
(all I could see), but that didn't fix it.  It looks like the whole lock
mechanism has to come out to get at the screws that mount the actuator.  I
resisted, fearing the work required to realign the lock.  What is required?
Is the actuator NBG?  I gather it has something to do with internal limit
stops in the actuator?

While I was in there I found that the front door speakers were
significantly decayed, (rolled edge disintegrated) and was lucky to find
that Clarion SRC4673 are an almost identical drop in replacement, and there
was one pair at the local sound shop.  They are made for a variety of Seat,
Lancia, Fiat and volkswagen models, but seem to work well enough in Alfa.
I left the factory tweeters connected.  It seems to be OK with tweeters on
the new speakers as well.  The nice thing was that the spacer on the OEM
speaker could be put onto the new speaker, making it almost identical for
mounting, but a little more powerful.  All that remained was to solder the
old leads onto the terminals and screw the speakers in. I'm hoping that
when I find an excuse to look at the rear shelf speakers I can find such
suitable replacements.  I appreciate that a lot of folk on this list like
making boxes and cutting up the shelf or door linings, but drop-in
replacements suit me fine. YMMV.

Once I have 4 new speakers, I may replace the cassette deck with a CD!

Cheers,
david
------
David Masters