[alfa] exchanging early/late synchros

Hopefully someone out there has converted an early 105 transmission/gearbox to
later synchros and can help me here.

I'm rebuilding a 1967 GTV gearbox, upon opening it I discovered that it has the
early, grooved synchro rings. So I purchased a set of later synchro rings and
new sliders (sleeves). I also believe I have to replace the straps and segments
inside the synchro to the newer style. Can anyone confirm that? comparing the
old and new synchro ring the internal geometry looks identical so I don't see
why the straps/segments/quadrants have to change.

But, I'm trying to buy them. Centerline is out of their kit and doesn't know
when they'll get more. Alfa-Parts says the straps are NLA. Anybody know a
source for these things? Any alternative fixes that people have used?

Richard
San Jose, CA
1967 GTV