RE: [alfa] Vendor Bashing

Randy,

The problem is that people usually only post on forums when they have a
problem with their car or a problem with a vendor.  The people who are well
and satisfied with their cars/vendors don't bother posting.

However the people who have problems with their cars post a message hoping
for some help.  This is what the forum is for.

The people who have problems with a vendor usually rant and rave to no end
(example: Caribou) like a crazed lunatic.  To the inexperienced forum user
(or non-observant) this makes it appear as though this vendor is absolute
trash.  When in fact the vendor/shop has had hundreds/thousands of very
satisfied customers that are too busy enjoying their cars to bother with
sitting in front of their computer harping on the joys of their well running
car or great vendor products they are using.

If you'll take a moment to peruse other car forums you'll find much the same
thing.  90% of the posts are concerning problems with their
cars/bikes/Televisions/whatever.  To the untrained eye it makes it appear as
if the cars/bikes/televisions/whatever that the forum concerns are utter
trash and absolutely riddled with problems. But we of course know better,
right?  We, as intelligent people, know that this is the case and that the
majority of the car/bike/television/whatever owners are thoroughly satisfied
with their products and don't frequently post on the forums.

We are all adults. If you have a problem with a vendor: Solve it yourself.

Don't trash somebody to thousands of people just because you think that they
are screwing you.  That's selfish.  It's also slander.  On a grand scale.

Even more importantly people who feel the need to trash a vendor usually
(most of the time) leave out large chunks of information that would
otherwise make their trashing seem unnecessary and pointless.

Caribou has many, many satisfied customers. They don't often speak up
because they are happy and busy enjoying life.

:-)

-Tim

Hehe. Stir it up!

  _____