[alfa] Re: iPod

For my iPod "installation" I bought an iTrip (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/) and a square of velcro the size of the iPod. I put the velcro down under the emergency brake, which when released still leaves enough space so it doesn't press the iPod's buttons, and the other half on the back of the iPod. To play it, I just tune it to a blank station and set the iTrip for that station. Since my antenna wire goes under that point, the reception is perfect, and I can yank it out by pulling it off the velcro and into my pocket... no wires. I just used the existing radio in the car. It's true it'll run out of batteries if I drive for more than 6-8 hours at a time (and the Alfa cigarette lighter doesn't hold onto my car recharger very well,) but for normal use it works great.
--Sam
'88 Graduate