Subject: [alfa] Smoggy Smoggy!

> I'm fine on the Nox (NOx?) and all the other stuff, but
>my hydrocarbon levels are killing me.

Try leaning the mixture until the NOx _just_ starts to rise. Also, try
changing the engine oil.

>Basically, cat and back, what is my best option?

IMHO, don't kid yourself. Fit a modern cat and forget about grapefruit
launcher exhaust tips and all that BS. About all they do is make the car
louder, and besides, they look stupid. You have a late 70's smog car, so
there's not a whole hell of a lot you're going to accomplish playing around
at the far end. The power is made at the other end of the pipe. If you want
to do a fancy valve job, do some porting, play around with the intake cam,
and fit custom pistons, EFI and ignition, none of which is likely to be
legal, you can make things a _lot_ better _both_ in terms of performance
_and_ smog.

YMMV, but that's my advice.

RON