Subject: [alfa] Twin Spark conversion for Alfetta

>I'm going to do the twin spark conversion to my Alfetta late Fall of this
>year,

"One of these days" I may get around to this conversion myself, but I can't
speak from experience on this one. One thing I've got to say is to be sure
your car is well and truly smog inspection exempt before you start (even
though the level of emissions is almost certain to go down significantly
with this conversion.)

> Keeping in mind this is an
>Alfetta, not the 105/115 series that everyone is writing articles about.

I haven't seen the articles, but one of the things you won't have to worry
about is drilling the end of the crank for a pilot bushing.

> make
>sure to get the engine as fitted to the Alfa 75, since it is front engine,
>rear wheel drive. Would this warning apply if installing in an Alfetta?

I can't see any _disadvantage_, and there would be advantages, non the
least would be the ability to sell off bits and pieces to someone with a
105 / 1150 if you had to.

BTW, I have a source for engines if you need one.

RON