[alfa] Formula for calculating correct tire size

Okay, it was in a post fairly recently and I failed to make a copy. I want to calculate what the correct height and size of a tire would be required when changing from 185 70 14" to 15" wheels with either 5.5" or 6" rims.

Though the decal on the inside glovebox of a '69 Spider says 165 R 14, the only time I see these dinky little things is as a spare tire. 185 70 14 is the common size I see. I've installed Yokohama 195 65 14's on cars with wider rims and they seem to be about the same height as the 185 70's.

All I'm trying to accomplish is by going to 15" wheels there is a larger selection of tires and would like to be able to determine my own offset by filling the wheel wells a bit more and a bit closer to the fender edges (without causing interference problems).

Also, any thoughts on steel donor wheels for use of their rims.

I've located a couple of Duetto 15" rims but need a total of five. Any spares out there for sale?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA