RE: [alfa] Spider windshield

> It has been over 25 years since I removed the windshield from
> a Spider - and I have never installed one. I am about to move
> the windshield from my parts car to the
> soon-to-be-refurbished-and-shiny 1978. Any advice? Pitfalls? Gotchas?

Sure.  Cut the gasket on the one you're trying to save, it's better imo to
buy a new gasket than it is to risk breaking the glass.

I'm assuming the recipient vehicle is all prepped and shiny, which includes
the windshield area too.  In that case, simply install a new gasket on the
the donor glass, and use the string method to install it.  The string method
involves putting string in the gasket groove all the way around, meeting in
the bottom center of the glass.  Put the glass into place, then pull out on
the sting a little at a time, in both directions, to work the gasket over
the lip of the windshield opening.  When you work your way around to the
top, you're done!

On a Spider this job is pretty easy, do it with the top down.

bs