[alfa] Re: Electronic ashtray

Great use of the ashtray. In my 74 GTV I got a piece of wood from
the hobby shop. Somewhere between 1/4 and 1/8 " thick. I think
it was BASS wood for model airplanes. I cut out a piece the same
shape as the ash tray and glued little pieces under it where the
pressure clips are on the ashtray. I filed them until the plank could
slide into place snugly. Then I cut out a hole for a voltage gauge
off center and some for toggle switches.

I'm not done with it yet, but the voltage gauge is in place, and I will
put my remote engine fan switch there (converted to electric engine
fan two years ago). Maybe one or two of the other toggle switches
will move down there, as they seem to be put on the console with
out much thought.

The finishing touches are to stain it to match the veneer of the console
and some trim to match also. I saw that the hobby shop has a
thin trim that will look much like the trim on the veneer. It should
look nice, and I didn't modify the console. The ashtray can slide
back into place if originality is needed in the future.

Stefano
Walnut Creek, CA