[alfa] RE: Lodge Plugs/coil, multi-electrode plugs

Quick note to anthony's original post: it'll probably help the group to
know what car/engine you have... but maybe everyone but me already
knows.

AND... while we're on the plug subject (again):
I had some mysterious troubles with my 79 spider that went beyond my
diagnostic skills, so I took it to a local shop to get their opinion.
They called today and said that they've got the car running pretty well,
and that the troubles were ignition related. I know that the distributor
cap was somewhat loose, and that makes sense with the symptoms. However,
they also said that their info says it needs to have different plugs,
and mentioned some 4-electrode plugs they were going to order (I had put
NGK b7es in the newly rebuilt head). I didn't think to ask if these were
the infamous bosch platinum +4. So, first question: are there other
companies that make multi-electrode plugs that they might be referring
to? Second - I've heard people on the list HATE the platinum +4s, but
most of those comments were in reference to the V-6s... are they equally
as awful in the 2L 4bangers?

I sure don't want a $30 charge for plugs that aren't right for the car.

Thanks,

Shawn Mayer
www.magneticormosaic.com
m| |m