[alfa] 164 shift knob replacement

Hello,
The 5sp shift knob outside coating (I assume some sort synthetic leather) in my 164 has begun to deteriote. Its gotten to the point where if I grab the knob with a wet hand, like getting in the car while its raining, it gets black stuff all over my hand. So I want to replace it.

Anyone know how the knob comes off? &

Where I can find a replacement?

I'm not looking for OEM or something too radical. I want to get something that looks nice but also matches the style of the car and still will have the shift pattern on it.

Of course everyone knows of MOMO but for my Bimmer I was able to find a nice M knob in an aftermarket catalog. I was hoping to be able to do the same for the 164.

TIA,

Clint
Atlanta, GA