[alfa] A note on merchants and prices

There has been some noise on the digest recently about high prices charged by some merchants, bad service by others, etc.

As a small business owner, I just wanted to point out that a lot of the time (not always), when you pay more for something, that's because it is better. I thought this was a logical conclusion, but some people still manage to find reason to complain when (for example) their dirt-cheap super cool way low price convertible top has issues. Or when FellOffTheTruck.com doesn't provide top level service. A company that truly wants your business will find a way to get it. Somebody who doesn't want your business (either because you're a jerk or because they need to put food on their table and you aren't willing to pay whatever price they deem fair) won't try as hard.

I know I've made a blanket statement here, and I know there are exceptions. But my fellow Alfisti - next time you find something for cheaper, think about what tradeoffs you are willing to make.

Oh, and... um... Lesse, alfa content... I just installed my iPod UNDER the ash tray in the spider, so that when you slide open the tray you see the screen. Very trick, I think.

-Ben Kaupp
Santa Cruz, CA
'78 Spider (smog is coming up *cringe*)