[alfa] Insurance

I have a 74 GTV so this may not 100% apply to you.  My car is in better than
average shape.  I live in the SF Bay Area and have used CSAA (Northern
California version of AAA) for many years.  I insure my car with collision on
it and no special agreed value or other terms.  Cost is about $400/year (by
comparison my 93 Saab 9000 costs about $700/year).  About 2 years ago my car
was hit by an SUV, about $6K in mostly cosmetic damage to the front end of
the
car.  Car (by my estimate and various estimates from ads etc) was worth about
$10K-$12K.  CSAA fixed the car without an argument even though book value on
an "average" car was much much lower.  They did send an adjuster out to look
at the car and I did speak with him on the phone but that was about it for my
interaction with him.

Eric