RE: [alfa] Insurance

> I've got a question for you all.  Sorry for anyone on the
> GTV6.org forum this is redundant but anyhow.  Anyone with a
> GTV-6, what type of insurance do you use? I'm doing a little
> research and trying to find a decent priced insurance for
> comprehensive and collision. I have got a great rate from
> Geico, but they will only pay up to the Blue Book value of
> the car. So they would probably "total" the car if anything
> happened. How much do you guys pay for collectors or "hot
> rod" insurance for 6 months with collision and comprehensive?
> I'm looking for a deductible for around 500-1000$. After all
> the time and money I've put into a restoration I'd hate to
> get hit and be screwed. Any suggestions?

You can buy a pretty nice GTV6 for $4k - $6k.

I tend to 'self insure' my vehicles, which means I go for the bare minimum
on each, and make sure I have liability coverage to protect personal
property.

Dropping glass coverage, and raising deductables to >$1000, I pat
Metropolitan around $300 per year per car.  I figure I'm saving at least
$300 per year per car.

With 4-6 cars insured, my annual savings will cover pretty much any glass
replacement on any of the cars, and over 10 years I figure I've saved enough
to replace any one of them.

Fwiw,

bs