[alfa] Removing Milano rear calipers

Hello there,

Last night I tried to remove the rear calipers to replace the rotors but
wasn't able to reach the upper nut that holds the caliper into the gearbox (the
other was easy), since the wrench did not fit between the caliper and the bottom
of the trunk.

I thought about removing the rear gearbox mounting bolt to lower the gearbox
a little but I did not want to risk damaging the front gearbox mounts or even
worse my newly installed shaft flex joints.

Is there an easier way to remove the rear calipers on the Milano? Or lowering
the gearbox is the only option?

By the way, the allen bolts that hold the shaft and the disc rotor into the
gearbox hub came out fairly easy, just to get stopped by one unaccesible nut...
am I missing something else ?  thank you in advance.

Regards,

Gilles

'88 Verde
'87 X1/9