RE: [alfa] clutch job in 91 Spider

Andrew -

It is pretty much the same as the earlier cars, except for the removal of
the knee bolsters which is a PITA.

First step is to remove the carpeted console side panels. A few screws here
and there hidden in the carpet and then they kind of slide out towards the
rear with judicial persuasion.

Then remove the rear portion of the console down around the e-brake handle.

As I recall there is one bolt up under the corner of the console one each
side, one that is hidden behind a plug that is exposed when the door is
opened, and two down at the base of the console. There might be another one
or two hidden somewhere behind the radio or center dash vents, but if it has
ever been apart before, in all likelihood these will be missing.

You will need to remove the interior light, and unhook the fuse box from its
attachments, it just unclips. Rather than try to remove or disconnect the
hood latch hood latch under the dash, remove the cable from the hood latch
under the hood (place a towel or something significant over the latch to
prevent closing the hood fully while apart) and withdraw the bolster, hood
release, and cable all together.

The bolsters are kind wedged in there tightly. Once you are sure all the
bolts are out, you may kind of have to force the ends nearest the consoles
out, it's tight, but it will come out.

The first time is a bear, after you've done it a few or more times it is not
so bad ...

HTH,

Jeff