[alfa] Re: Speedometer Saga 89 spider

> However, the odo isn't registering the miles. I seem to recall in the past
> someone opened up the inside of one of these units and figured out why it
> wasn't turning the miles.
> Any suggestions? Nice to know what to look for as I open the guts up on
this
> speedo head.

My '92 spider's odometer has failed a few times.  In at least two of the
failures
the problem was due to wires breaking at the point they are soldered to a
disc (I
don't know the proper name of this part).  The disc moves slightly ticking
the gear
of the odometer -- over time the fatigue broke the wires. The wires are very
thin.
If that is your problem, it's easy to fix if you are reasonably skilled at
soldering.

Good luck
Marc