[alfa] oil pressure valve access, my suggestion

I am in the process of trying to access the pressure valve in the pump by just
removing the lower pan. At this time, I removed the cutter pin, the cap and
the spring on the pump valve but the plunger appears be stuck in the tube
(OK). As suggested by Tom Sahines, a will put some heat from a propane torch
in order to dilate the metal. After that, I want to plug the filter bore, add
an oil container with oil at the oil pump entrance and crank the engine, in
order to push out the plunger by oil pressure. In that way, I hope to push out
all metal flakes and cleaning the valve tube.

The most problematic part of that job is to put back the spring in place. I am
thinking on that and this will involve the fabrication of a tension device in
order to compress in place the spring and its cap. Something with a screw will
probably do the job. There is not a lot a clearance to do that job.

Hope this will help

Damien

Spider 1986