[alfa] Bulging Oil Filter

It's probably the filter, BUT...  If it's a fresh rebuild, it could be a tight main or rod bearing or one with the crank oil holes blocked or not lined up properly.  I helped a friend assemble a top end after he put the bottom end together once and the first time he took it to RPM when not fully warmed up, it literally peeled the seam,  blew the oil filter off the engine and started making a squealing sound.
I would put a real mechanical gauge on it and see exactly what pressure you have.

dave miller
deltona, florida