[alfa] Spark plug replacement schedule

I just looked at the plugs that came out of my 164S and they are horrible,
leaking, crusty .... I put on 8000 miles a year, almost all of it in city
driving, starting with my two mile commute to the office each day.  I'm trying
to baby the engine to delay a rebuild -- how often should I change the spark
plugs?  I'm using NGK's since rumor has it they are less likely to foul.

I'm sorry to post such a basic question, but will be grateful for advice.
(And Sonny, thanks again for the roof rack -- it's kayak season here in
Seattle, and it's dedicated to you this year.)

Thanks for helping protect my great car from its ignorant owner.

Joan
Seattle

1991 164 S
1967 Giulia Super