[alfa] Fly Wheel Resurface??

Hi All,

I have the engine/transmission out of my 69 Spider to replace a failed
clutch release bearing. The clutch itself was working fine, but since it
has some mile on it (40K) I figure I will just replace that too.

My question is regarding the flywheel. It looks fine, no hot spot or
cracks. It is flat based on a straight edge. I am thinking I can get by
fine without resurfacing the flywheel, any advice on this course of
action? Most of what I read says to resurface when replacing the clutch,
but that advice seems to be based on the idea that the clutch had gone
bad. My clutch was fine and the flywheel passes all the visual checks.

Thanks in advance for thoughts/advice?

Robert Watson

Novato CA