[alfa] 164LS Challenge - taming of the shrew, second round

Jason wrote:

When engine is hot, it is hard to restart when sit for a few minutes.  I
have to push in accelerator to make it easier to start.

and Karl wrote:

Interesting! I used to push only a bit gas when first start failed. But
today I tried to apply too much gas, and it was very hard to restart.

I haven't had starting issues with my LS but my early experience with
2.5l V6s was that pushing on the gas pedal while trying to start risks a
backfire, which can pop the plenum off (then it won't start at all!). I
would expect the same to happen on a 24 valve.

Again going back to experience with 2.5s, I found vapor can affect fuel
feed when the tank is fairly empty, especially when the car is hot.
Releasing the filler cap is a temporary fix to what is more likely to be
a tank breather problem.

IIRC there is more than one replaceable filter in the fuel system....

HTH

Nicky