[alfa] Oh no... SPICA problem (no fuel to cylinder 4)

Hello list -
I sent a message a few days ago concerning a lack of fuel to my 4th
cylinder (79 spider) after head rebuild. At the time, I thought I'd
damaged one of the convoluted metal fuel pipes that travel from SPICA to
injector. I currently have the car at a mechanic's because I have
limited time/knowledge to continue the diagnosis myself. Of course, I'm
200+ miles from anyone who actually knows much about alfas, let alone
much about SPICA.

As it turns out, the problem isn't one of the metal lines. We loosened a
couple of the lines at the spica pump, and confirmed fuel dripping from
the front 2 nipples (didn't check the 3rd), but there appeared to be no
moisture coming from the rear-most nipple (which I assume serves
cylinder 4 - forgot to trace back the convoluted lines). The pump was
serviced for a couple minor problems about a year ago, so I assumed it
wasn't the culprit. but it seems that the SPICA is the reason I'm on 3
cylinders.

Anyone familiar with this problem? What would cause only ONE output of
the spica to malfunction? If an injector was clogged or malfunctioning,
would the pressure buildup back through the pipe cause damage to the
pump? Somebody please tell me I'm not headed for a spica rebuild. this
project has cost me enough $ already.

Thanks,
Shawn Mayer