[alfa] GTV6 Fuel Tank Removal

[[Have any of you removed the fuel tank from your GTV6?]]

Rich,

It's pretty straight forward.  Once you get all the "carpeting" out of the way you'll see what needs to be taken apart to get the tank out.  In no particular order - undo the rubber connection at the filler port and the vent hose connections, undo the screw thingies at the top of the two straps, get under the car and undo the two hoses (one is feed and the other is return) be ready to catch however much fuel is in the tank.  At some point disconnect the wires from the tank sending unit and maybe mark them so you get them back in the right place.  I think (but I'm not sure) you need to take the banjo fitting out of the bottom of the tank because it won't fit through the hole in the floor.  It's been at least a couple of years since I did this so I may have missed something but, as I recall, there were no "secret tricks" to the process.

John