[alfa] No start spider

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and advice.  It will probably be
this weekend before I can continue.  Any and all thoughts appreciated.

    Here is the story.  Last Tuesday as I was backing down the drive way I
thought "The Spider sure has been running well                 lately".  Fast
forward to the same Tuesday after work.  Turn the key and the Spider starts
instantly.  Pull out of the parking lot         and head for home.  Somewhere
around the fourth hill and dale the engine stopped running.  I coasted down
the hill and                 managed to pull over to the right and get     the
car off the roadway.  I could not get it to restart.

    Since then I have checked:

    Fuel in the tank
    Fuse under parcel shelf ok
    fuel flow out of tank pump
    fuel flow out of main pump (all the way to fuel rail)
    good spark, new plugs(just in case)
    ignition signal makes it to L-Jetronic ECU
    10.9 volts during cranking at L-Jetronic ECU

    The complete 11 program, multi-step Bosch L-Jetronic tester sequence as
detailed in the
    troubleshooting section of the factory workshop manual.

    the bosch tester says nothing wrong, still no start

    The injectors just won't pulse.

    Swapped in an 83 L-jetronic box

    Still No Start

    Any and all clues and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Wayne Abbott