  Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 05:31:35 -0400
  From: "Ron Abela" <ronandkristi@domain.elided>
  Subject: [alfa] Gear Box Issue??

  I am having issues with my clutch on hot days during stop and go traffic
the
  gearbox is having a tough time engaging 1st or 2nd well and it grinds bad.

  Currently I cannot adjust my clutch any further as it is at it max and
there
  is about 2.5" to 3" inches of pedal free travel prior to clutch release..

  On hot days I believe  all the metal is expanded and this makes the problem
  worse thus creating this shifting issue and clanging sound especially when
  am in neutral. In other words the sound subsides when I press the clutch to
  the floor.  This morning I took the car out for a 10min spirited run (after
  cool off night) and it ran well. However, there appears to be a minor
clanging
  sound when in neutral.