[alfa] (no subject)

Hey Sefano,
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:12:30 -0700
From: Stefano.Iachella@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Alfetta cooling problems

Cats,

My Alfetta's cooling system is doing some weird things.

It sat over the weekend and I started it and drove it last night. I
had no temperature reading for a few miles so I pulled over. I opened
No temperature reading probably indicates there is no water contacting the
temp sensor. So engine is HOT but sensor is not!

the radiator cap and water burst out. I refilled and started it up,
shut it off and checked again. Filled up and repeated. It took about
2 liters. Temperature readings had resumed.

-----

This is the same car that had been diagnosed with faulty radiator
cap and overflow bottle cap a few weeks ago, which have been replaced.
It also could have a failing head gasket or something else sinister;
I'm getting water seeping out at the exhaust manifold at the copper
exhaust gasket #3. It seeps out the top when it's cold and dries up
and stops when it's hot.

Check to make sure that the system was blead properly after the radiator
and overflow bottle work.  If you don't get the air out of the thermostat
housing
the temp will go balistic very quickly.

May be obvious, may not be the problem but it's free.

Dave McCrory