[alfa] Bosch Spider won't start

Hi,
Here is the story.  Last Tuesday as I was backing down the drive way I thought
"The Spider sure has been running well lately".  Fast forward to the same
Tuesday after work.  Turn the key and the Spider starts instantly.  Pull out
of the parking lot and head for home.  Somewhere around the fourth hill and
dale the engine stopped running.  I coasted down the hill and managed to pull
over to the right and get the car off the roadway.  I could not get it to
restart.

Since then I have checked:

Fuel in the tank
Fuse under parcel shelf ok
fuel flow out of tank pump
fuel flow out of main pump (all the way to fuel rail)
good spark, new plugs(just in case)
ignition signal makes it to L-Jetronic ecu
10.9 volts during cranking at L-Jetronic ecu

The complete 11 program, multi-step Bosch L-Jetronic tester sequence as
detailed in the troubleshooting section of the factory workshop manual.

the bosch tester says nothing wrong, still no start

The injectors just won't pulse.

Swapped in an 83 L-jetronic box

Still No Start

Any and all clues and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Wayne Abbott
86 Spider Graduate  (temporarily hibernating out of season)