[alfa] Re: Compression ratios/copper headgaskets

    I have on old copper headgasket i've been saving for years. Said to
drop the compression about 1/2 pt. Pretty common for old racers w/ many
times milled heads, or used to be.
    I'm also running 10.4 borgos, Jon Norman head w/ os intake valves,
head milled about .030 at this point. , etc. etc. (suffice it to say, a
bunch of other cool stuff too)
    Pump gas. I recently (after 20 years with this motor in various car)
made the switch to premium. 92 oct. here.
    Pretty much the same initial ignition timing as most find customary.
(idle on the "P" mark? i can't remember) I'm running a plex/ w/
different springs.

    Lots of people seem to think this is impossible.
    I dunno, it must be dependent on SOMETHING
    But I haven't needed that copper headgasket in 20 years.

--
    Norm Riffle
    Its-A-Grind.com