RE: [alfa] Milano driveshaft questions ...help please?

1)  "unbolt the front coupling from engine (Through bell housing)" Is this
accomplished from underneath the car or through the engine compartment?

This is done from underneath the car. The driveshaft kind of goes through
the bell housing so you go 'through it' to get to the bolts.

2) "removal and installation of center support will require the use of a
press" Is there another possible way to fit the center bearing?

If using a press is the only way, then I could try to find a repair shop and
take the drive shaft for them to press the bearing into place.

You might be able to do it with a variety of pullers. I don't recall how
much effort is required to remove the center flange on a Milano. You will
most likely need a bearing separator to get the support and bearing off the
driveshaft. The new one will (should) go on pretty easily. You could
probably drive it home with a large drift by gently tapping on the inner
race (and only the inner race).

3) On the last step could you please explain which is "the pinch bolt" Is
this one of the six bolts that hold the donnut into the front coupling?

The pinch bolt, will be apparent when you have it apart. It holds the front
flange on the driveshaft to the main portion of the driveshaft. I would not
concern myself with this.

Forgot to mention, that mating the two halves of the driveshaft back
together, can be a real PITA. Best way is to stand one up vertically on the
floor, and have an assistant lower the other half onto it while you guide
the centering bushing into place. Be patient it will go together eventually,
but could take awhile.

Thanks again for the great support and the procedures!

            You're welcome . good luck :-)

            Jeff