Re: alfa-digest V10 #136 Subject: [alfa] limiting strap removal

Mario,

I had the same problem with a '76 Spider. I removed two of the screws with a
3/8 drive phillips socket in a breaker bar, and lowered the entire weight of
the car onto the breaker bar supported on a jackstand. This forced the bit
into the screw recess. The screws on the other side would not budge with
this method so I cut the heads off with a small grinding bit in a dremel
tool. The aluminum block holding the limit straps could then be pulled off
of  headless screws. I couldn't find replacement screws, so used ones with
small allen heads and flat washers that distorted into a conical shape as I
tightened the screws.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY
'76 Spider