[alfa] Re: Milano driveshaft questions ...help please?

>From: "Dean" <tessiedog@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: [alfa] Milano driveshaft questions ...help please?
>
>Oh yeah that sounds like a piece of a donut. I have had the same thing
>happen to me. I would not drive the car at all until you fix it because prop
>shafts coming apart can make a hell of a lot of mess. Its a bit of a pain to
>replace them without a hoist because there is lots of rolling around on the
>floor. Its essentially a straight forward job. If its a good car replace all
>three donuts and the centre bearing unless you like doing things twice. Mark
>everything before you disassemble so that the prop shaft goes back in the
>way it came out. This will help reduce the risk of there being any balance
>issues.
>Dean
	Like Dean says, mark everything otherwise you will end up with
an unbalanced shaft. Take some bright paint and mark the shaft on each
side of the joints to show alignment. Also place the original nuts/washers
back on their bolts as they come out and somehow mark which hole each
bolt came out of. It is possible to rebalance by playing with extra or heavier
nuts and hose clamps rotated around the shaft but save the trouble and
MARK EVERYTHING.

		Mark Manley
'84 GTV6
X1/9 x3