Re: [alfa] Timing covers and steering columns

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:59:28 -0400 John Hertzman <johnhertzman@domain.elided> wrote:
> A few days ago (June 1, 11:12 pm) I sent a note to the digest about two issues- the
> timing covers (which are not supplied in factory-matched sets with replacement
> blocks) and the U-jointed steering columns. A day later I received a notice that my
> note had not been delivered ("Connection timed out") and it has not subsequently
> appeared.

the ISP where the digest.net server is colocated "upgraded" a circuit and
a router a couple of days ago. they appear to have made some sort of mistake,
which i've not gotten them to clearly explain to me, but which they did
identify and correct this morning. the server was up continuously through all
this, but was not visible to a number of spots on the net (in particular, i know
that sprintlink and ameritech both had issues.)

i'm seeing a fairly substantial volume of email that had been stuck on various
servers suddenly coming through since they fixed it up.

richard