From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Gwynne W. Spencer
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 1:50 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [alfa] How to re-attach rearview mirror?

I have never tried this for a car mirror to glass, but 3M makes a heavy duty
foam 2 sided tape -  I believe it is available in West Marine Stores
- try a good well stocked hardware store. You have nothing to loose.

Also, Radio Shack used to stock it as: Supermount Tape"

Gwynne Spencer

At 12:29 PM 6/1/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>The rearview mirror in my 78 Alfetta fell off and the base that glues
>to the windshield had a adhesive pad on it. They didn't have anything
>like it at the local parts store so I bought two part glue specifically
>intended for mounting rearview mirrors to windshields. I used the
>directions but when I actually put the mirror with glue on the
>windshield it turned out that it doesn't actually mount flush and the
>glue won't bond. Obviously this is why the mirror was mounted with a foam
adhesive pad in the first place.