[alfa] 116 giubo lifespan--preemptive replacement?

As my plan stands currently, I'm going to be putting my spare engine in my GTV-6 this week or next, and it's occurred to me that perhaps I should replace the front giubo while I'm in there. I have yet to actually jack up the car and look at it, and if it's visually cracked I'll replace it for sure. But if it looks fine, as it did last time I was under the car, should I replace it as a purely preventative measure? It has ~36,000 miles on it, as does the rear giubo. I know the conventional wisdom when I bought the car was that these things are prone to failure every 30,000 miles, but since then I've heard from more than a few digesters that they've gotten 80,000 miles out of them. Obviously, this is very dependent on how the car is used. My car gets autocrossed, has been on the track a couple of times, and I tend to drive it pretty hard on roads I'm familiar with. On the other hand, the majority of my recent miles have been steady-state cruising on the freeway. What are you experiences and thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6